Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Pain on the right testicle. Urine culture reports came normal. What could this be?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9634 Questions
About 2 months ago I had a sudden pain on the right testicle and the pain seemed to spread to my hip and inner right thighs. I took pain killers and it gradually subsided in about 7-10 days however I still was able to feel an ache on the right testicle especially when touched (Near the epididymis and underneath the testicle). Not wanting to take any chances I decided to see an Urologist who had prescribed for Urine Culture Test and Ultrasound - Doppler of the Scrotum - The results of which were ' Minimum free fluid in Tunica vaginalis' and Urine culture reports came back OK with no infection of sorts. I was then prescribed Lyrica 1 tablet a day for 15 days since I had insisted that I felt a general 'Pulling /Dragging like feel' At present I am still having very mild ache / heavy dragging feeling and also at times I get a feeling as if the right testicle is being pulled by a nerve accompanied by a mild pain on the lower right abdomen. Unless touched - the pain does not seem to originate from the testicle itself. I have also noticed that the right testicle now hangs a bit lower than usual. When I do touch my testicle the pain shoots up. When I lie down and cross my legs I feel like there's a irritate muscle on the right lower abdomen. I have not felt any increase or decrease in pain , I go on with my normal activities however there's always a constant mild discomfort .
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Pain due to Subclinical Infection of Testicle. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you had acute episode of Orchitis two months back and had pain in Rt Testicle. The pain in the hip joint and along the thigh was due to referred pain along the distribution of Genitofemeoral nerve. Now you have dull aching pain in Rt testicle and dragging sensation of the testicle.Your routine tests have revealed minimal hydrocele (collection of fluid) around testis due to inflammation. This results into increase in the weight of the testicle which causes pulling of the spermatic cord giving rise to dragging sensation . Please take broad spectrum antibiotics along with anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily for one month. Wearing a scrotal support will help to reduce the pulling of the spermatic cord and there by relieve dragging sensation. Repeat ultrasound scanning after 6 months and if the fluid seems to be increased you may need to undergo surgery for hydrocele. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain on the right testicle. Urine culture reports came normal. What could this be? 5 hours later
Thank you for the reply . What broad-spectrum antibiotic is recommended? I want to try to eliminate one more possible reason for the pain / discomfort. Before any of the pain started - I accidentally walked into blunt object which was sticking out on the wall and got hit near the pubic area (more or less near the region where the thigh meets the groin). I cannot exactly re-call if it was on the right side or left. There was severe pain (no bleeding) but then I rubbed it off and was it OK for (normal activity , no pain , no pain during urination). 2-3 days later I got the testicle pain which I had described earlier. It might have just be a coincidence however I wish to get it clarified.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is not related to injury that you sustained. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. The pain due to any injury which will not last for 2 months.As such you do not any swelling or induration at site site of injury. The broad spectrum antibiotic like any antibiotic that belongs to second or third generation of Cephalosporin will help to combat infection. Please get the prescription of medicines from your family physician, Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor