Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Pain medicine more effective than Norco for back and hip stiffness?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 12754 Questions
I would like to know of a pain medication that is more effective than Norco 10 mg/325 mg also what can be taken for the severe stiffness I have from the arthritis I have in my back and hip
Posted Sat, 8 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Brief Answer: All the stronger drugs need prescription. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The pain medications better than Norco are - methadone; Demerol; Oxymorphone; MS Contin; Naproxen; Piroxicam The other treatment options include oral muscle relaxants, hot fomentation, lubricating agents like glucosamine sulfate, chondroitin , dycerin, etc calcium supplements and some life style modifications and physiotherapy. All these are prescription only medicines and are best if taken under the guidance of your orthopedician. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor