Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

Pain in the testicle. Urine has foul odor. Medical cure for this?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9585 Questions
Last year I visited a doctor about issues I was experiencing with my penis. I was getting pains in the testicle area also, dull pains that were quite immobilizing. I was also experiencing a sort of burning pain around the tip of the penis after urinating. I had samples taken and was sent to an urologist for tests where I underwent a ultrasound scan and a CT scan, checking my kidneys and other areas. All of these came back clear. We then moved house, and I have still been experiencing the burning after urination feeling from time to time. Also the pain between the penis and the testicles seems to be aggravated with running. Another issue I had before was the feeling I hadn't finished urinating after I'd been, causing me to spend a LOT of time in the toilet. Strangely that seems to tide down without medication. Been putting up with the uncomfortable feeling of slightly burning since then but the past few days I've been experiencing a sharp, almost pins n needles feeling at the bottom of the tip of my penis (the side where the foreskin joins) I am also needing to go for a wee around 15 times a day! I'm also feeling this burning during urinating slightly also, and it's a struggle to get going when I try to urinate, even if I really need to go and when I do go, it stings slightly. The urine also has a very strong foul odor - almost a strong vile fishy smell. I need to know what could be the problem as this all started around 2 years ago now, and whether the issues I'm having now could be related or could be the result of my previous issues.

Need some advice on what could be the problem!
Posted Mon, 4 Nov 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to Urethritis or Stricture urethra

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have either Chronic Inflammation of Urethra or stricture of the Terminal Urethra.

I shall be happy if you can post me few more details to help me in making comments on your problem .
1) Did you have unprotected sex before you started getting these symptoms ?
2) Did you have pus discharge from urethra ?
3)Did you have pain in abdomen ?
4) Are you indulged in frequent vigorous masturbation?
5) Do you have to strain to pass urine ?
6) How is the urine flow, whether weak,or normal ?
7) Have you undergone endoscopic examination of Urethral passage and Bladder (Cystoscopy)

Considering the symptoms that you have since two years It appears to be due to either you have chronic inflammation of the urethra or stricture of the terminal part of the urethra.which can be confirmed by a radiological test called Retrograde Urethro -Cystogram or endoscopic examination of urethral passage (Cystocopy)
Please visit your Urologist and discuss the possibility of this pathology with him and get these tests done to arrive at a possible cause of your problem.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain in the testicle. Urine has foul odor. Medical cure for this? 9 hours later

Thank you for the reply. I'll answer these questions 1 by 1.

1) I did not have sex before I started these symptoms
2) No noticeable discharge
3) Believe it or not, the same time that this started, I was diagnosed with IBS - So the pains in my abdomen were present and relieved after opening my bowels. I continue to struggle with what was diagnosed as IBS.
4) Not vigorous but quite regular, I usually masturbate 3-4 times a week
5) Not as such, when it comes to urinating, I have to sort of stand and wait for it to come out...
6) My urine flow is normal
7) I have had an ENdoscopy when I was being diagnosed with IBS but never an Cystoscopy.

I'm away of the cystoscopy procedure but I'm obviously a bit anxious to enquire about having this done. Is it the only way of discovering the cause of my problems?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes Cystoscopy will help to diagnose your problem.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for feedback.Cystoscopy is the direct visualisation of urethral passage and interior of bladder by a telescope and will help in diagnosis .
Please go ahead and get it done once for all.
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Pain in the testicle. Urine has foul odor. Medical cure for this? 4 hours later

Thanks again for the reply. I've been able to focus more today on the problem I'm getting down below and can better describe the pain now. The pain is almost a pinching feeling and it is located where the foreskin joins with the urethral opening. Hope that makes sense as it's hard to describe. I hope this will paint a clearer picture and maybe there is something else you could come up with.

Another thing as I've been examining myself today, when flacid, on pulling back the foreskin, the urethral opening will be dragged to the side of the penis head, that the foreskin connects to. Not dragged a lot, it just seems to move with it, I'm thinking it may be a problem with the foreskin. The sort of stringy part if you like, seems to strain when the foreskin retracts. Also when retracting the foreskin, any pain seems to come from the part that joins the two. I'm not sure if what Im describing is normal and I may be getting paranoid so thought I should ask this.

Hope all this makes sense and you understand what Im trying to say!
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to band of adhesion.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for follow up.
I think you have a band of adhesion between frenulum and glans that is dragging tip of your glans towards the foreskin ,however this can be confirmed only on clinical examination by a qualified Urologist or a General Surgeon.

Please visit a general surgeon or urologist for clinical assessment .

If it is due to adhesion as I have suspected to be you may need to get it excised under local anaesthesia.

But I still will insist you to get Cystoscopy done to find out the cause of your problem which is bothering you since a long time.
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor