Pain in the testicle. Due to stress?

Posted on Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Testicle Problems
Question: dr. my name is XXXXXXX 38 yrs, very active and energetic.
from yesterday evening i have a mild/dull pain on my left testicle. i checked myself and It looks normal.
why is this, what is the cause of pain? is it due to stress? i reallly do have lot of stress to be handled in office and also at home.
tks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXXX

Stress can not lead to pain in testis.

There could be various reasons for having pain in testis.

Some common ones are
1. Infection
2. Trauma
3. Pressure on testis due to any reason like tight clothes, prolonged seating etc.
4. Infection any where in tract.

I do not see any reason for worry. Just avoid wearing tight clothes. Maintain good posture while seating. You can take analgesics like tablet paracetamol for pain relief.

In most of the cases, this kind of minor discomfort goes on its own in couple of days.

Please visit your family doctor in case the pain increases, there is swelling or other complaints develops.

I hope this helps and clarify your concern.

Please write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow up: Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later
Yes Dr, it can be a cause of my tight boxer shorts I wore yesterday. Also I travel 100 kms everyday in car, maybe I should see for couple of days and wear comfortable cloths and seating.
Thanks a lot.
XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 10 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

Good to hear from you again.

Please do as advised.

Accept the answer and close the query.

Bye and have a nice time.

Dr.Pragnesh
Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani