Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Pain in the legs, difficulty in ejaculation. Is internal prostate massage an effective treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 1528 Questions
Hi, Im planning to see a uroloigst ASAP. Im 60 and havign issues with pain between my legs,, and a feeling of tremendous fullness. I havent been able to ejaculate for at least 2 months.. I can masturbate for long intervals but nothing happens.. I joked with my family Dr this week that I felt like I had a case of "Blue Balls". I was looking at symptons and treamnet and read about XXXXXXX prostate massage as a frequently used treatment. Is this effective as a treament to relleve the pressure or just "bull". Do urologists do this.. Really need some good feedback
are there any treatments that are easy. seriously, my family Dr was embarassed to discuss with me. Thx, XXXXXXX
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Hello ,
Thanks for posting your query .
Personally I would say, that there is nothing embarrassing regarding discussion of medical problems between a doctor and a patient.
You do have symptoms of acute congestive prostatitis but it does warrant a consultation with your urologist to rule out bacterial and inflammatory prostatitis as the treatment may include an antibiotic course apart from prostatic drainage. If the cause is acute congestive prostatitis due to failure of ejaculation then XXXXXXX prostatic massage and drainage by inducing self ejaculation might relieve the symptoms.
Infrequently, a patient may require a prostatic massage by a urologist, to help drain the prostate, though this is an uncomfortable procedure not needed by the vast majority of patients.
But if the cause of prostatitis is infective then such drainage may just provide temporary relief unless treated with appropriate antibiotics.
In your case , you should first consult a urologist to confirm the diagnosis and then treatment can
be done accordingly

Hope I have answered your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor