Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Pain in groin and right leg

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
have bad pain in groin and down right leg and foot very harsh stabbing pain
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 hours later

These aggravated symptoms at this age suggest an urgent physical examination and in fact an MRI of the spine. It is very important to check if there is an disc prolopse or nerve compression that caused the severity in the pain. This should be regarded as a new change in pain and hence should be carefully evaluated.

Meantime you can take better pain killer like Tramadol or Ibuprofen plus Paracetmol before you see the physician. If these are prescription based drugs you should check them at the pharmacy. You can in fact try the ice cube (not ice pack) compression at the area of maximum pain intensity.

I can help you further based on the examination findings by your doctor.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor