Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Over weigh. Pain in fingers and foot. Having cracked heel. Face dullness after pregnancy. What to do?

Jul 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Practicing since : 1996
Answered : 2148 Questions
I cant see the answer? Hello dr, now a days my 2 nd r 3 rd finger start pain. My left foot heel area, I have little crack also. That heel if I walk more or after sitting, it's 1 r 2 mins lot of pain. Now I am 33 year old, after delivery my weight also increase, belly also. My weight is 64kg but my height 5.2 only. After pregnant lots of problem. My face full darkness, my belly, headache, my foot pain, sometime piles problem, now my finger pain. Our food habit is 2 time rice, 1 time different food or some days 3 times rice Indian food. I m worried because my parents have sugar.. May be my case also like that.....
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad 9 days later
Hi, thanks for writing to XXXXXXX

There are number of causes for Heel pain and the most commonest among them is PLANTAR FASCITIS.
* Typically the pain is felt in the sole of the foot ,mostly under the heel either with standing or walking.
* The pain is also worse when first getting up in the morning or getting up from a period of sitting.

The management of this condition is as follows -
* Relative rest and simple massage of the foot along with stretching excercises
* Judicious use of analgesic antiinflammatory medicines
* Night splints may be useful to keep the foot in plantigrade position
* Use of MCR (micronised rubber) or silicon heels in the foot wear
* Maintaining appropriate body weight
* At time a single injection of corticosteroid in to the area of maximum pain will provide good pain relief.

Hope I have addressed your issues. Happy to help for any more clarifications.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor