Noticed redness, swelling and pain on scrotum after removing hair. Any suggestion?

Dr. Kruti

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Skin Rash
Question: Hey Doc!! I used a product specifically designed to remove hair from the scrotum, and left it on just three minutes too long. Now I have a burn. It's the top part of the scrotum under the penis. It's red, painful and a bit swollen . . .suggestions on treatment; reduce pain and heal?
Answered by Dr. Kruti 2 hours later
Hello

I can understand your concern.

I would recommend that you apply a combination of a steroid and antibiotic cream.

That would be cortisone cream and neosporin cream mixed and applied twice a day on the affected area for five days.

You can also take tab. Tylenol twice a day to control the pain and inflammation.

If in three days you don't start seeing an improvement, it would be best to consult your doctor.

Hope my recommendations are helpful.

Please let me know if I can address any additional concerns for you.

Regards.