Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

Noticed painful lump near groin area. Should I consult a doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 632 Questions

I am 33 years old, male. About 4 days ago I noticed a lump near my groin area. It was/is very tender but things are much better as I move into day 5 or so. It is still tender but seems to be improving. Should I go to the doctor?
Posted Sat, 16 Feb 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Sundar Gnanavel 7 minutes later
Thanks for your query. Considering the fact that, you have history of hernia i would suggest that you undergo a surgical evaluation for possibility of recurrence of hernia. I understand that the tenderness is improving and it could be just tender lymph nodes that are resolving. However, to be on safer side i would still suggest a surgical evaluation. The other possibilities might include lipoma, benign cyst and rarely carcinomatous changes. Since there is no history of any drug intake and other symptoms of an allergic reaction, i would rule them out. Wish you speedy recovery.
Dr Sundar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor