Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Noticed bump close to anal opening. Noticed fatty looking stuff on cloth. Cause and cure?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9576 Questions
The other day I noticed a bump beside my anal cavity right beside the hole.. I thought it was a bummp or ingrown hair so I attempted to pop it.. once I did it got a little larger. This morning I showered and as I was washing I looked on the wash cloth and noticed I small .5inch long piece of fatty looking stuff. It worried me and now I'm here
Posted Sun, 31 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed a Perianal Abscess by the side of Anal opening.

However this can be confirmed by clinical examination and Proctoscopic examination by a General Surgeon.

You may need to get it incised and drained under anaesthesia.
Since this is potentially a dirty area it takes long time for healing.
Get it cleaned and dressed everyday.

Take some antibiotics like Doxycycline along with anti inflammatory medication Diclofenac twice daily after discussion with your family Physician.

Hope, I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions, I shall be happy to help you.

Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor