Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Noticed blood in urine. Having dry mouth. Feeling tired. Worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 5759 Questions
Passing blood in my urine once today and once two weeks ago. have had a dry mouth and drinking water to try
and quench the thirst, feeling tired and have the urgent need to urinate regularly.
Posted Mon, 17 Jun 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 41 minutes later

Thank you for the query.

Blood in urine, frequent urinating are most likely caused by lower abdominal pain, back pain and fever can be present.

Your thirstiness is probably caused by increased urine production what leads to dehydration.
However it is also possible that high blood sugar (diabetes) is causing thirstiness and frequent urinating. When there is too much sugar in the blood, our kidneys try to get rid of it and produce more urine and more sugar in the urine allows bacteria to grow in the urinary tract (bacteria likes sugar). So your infection can be due to diabetes.

Blood in urine can be also caused by your prostate issue. Sometimes blood in urine is a first symptom of urinary bladder cancer.

I suggest you to visit your doctor and have abdominal ultrasound, blood work, urine analysis, urine culture test and blood sugar level checked. If no infection will be present, urologist consult and cystoscopy should be considered.

In a meanwhile increase mineral water intake and get cranberries supplements.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Noticed blood in urine. Having dry mouth. Feeling tired. Worried? 9 hours later
Many thanks for your reply and advice. I shall arrange for a check up at my
local G.P.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 5 hours later
You are welcome. Get well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor