Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Not getting pregnant. Which specialist should I consult?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1990
Answered : 232 Questions
Hello doctor, i wanted to know whether i need to take Semen Analysis. As we are planning for kids, my wife unable to conceive. It was a year after marriage.
Could you please suggest, which could helpful for both. Also let me know which specialist had to visit for us both myself and my wife(age:30)
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Chetna Jain 13 hours later
For conception various tests are required to know the ferttility status.
I am suggesting a basic profile for both of you.
For your wife-Blood tests FSH LH prolactin TSH and AMH to be done on day 3 of periods. TVS folliculometry(ultrasound assessment of egg formation ) from day 10/11 of cycle(periods) till ovulation.
For you Semen examination after 3-4 days abstinence. Its important to have correct abstinence and sample collection has to be done in the lab.
This treatment is given by Gynaecologists in India and most of other countries.
Some doctors are dedicatedly doing infertility only.
Its better to go step wise.
Best wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Infertility Spclst

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor