Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Need tips on reducing weight

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1982
Answered : 698 Questions
What can i do to reduce my weight?? please clarify
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 4 hours later
Dear Sreeja,

Thanks for the query.

Weight of a person is the result of the balance between what one consumes (food, etc) and how much energy one expends. The easiest thing to do would therefore be to either spend more energy (by exercise) or eat less or both. This is, in summary, what is needed to lose weight for a normal person.

However, there are abnormal situations where losing weight is either not desirable or not possible - e.g. pregnancy, lactation, endocrine problems, physical disability, mental retardation, depression, etc. In such cases, you might not want to lose weight or you might need professional consultation with the psychiatrist, physician, psychologist, or an expert physical trainer and an expert dietitian.

These will help to reduce weight.

Hope this answers your query. Let me know if you have any further query.

Dr. Taher Kagalwala
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor