Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Need some details on huntington's chorea. Looking for a genetic counselor

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1777 Questions
I would like to consult about Huntington chorea and looking for a genetic counselor.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Genetics
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 47 hours later

I would like to understand if you have any specific question regarding Huntington's Chorea.

As you already might understand there is defect in chromosome 4, where there is CAG nucleotide repeat. Generally it repeats 10 to 30 times but in this disease it repeats more around 30 to 120 times. The severity of the disease is determined by the number of repeats.

The complications of this include loss of ability to care for self, inability to interact, depression etc. The family has to take care of hygiene, cleanliness of the diseased.

If you are considering children you should definitely speak to a counselor physically. You can XXXXXXX the prominent ones in Bangalore:

1) Dr. Sridevi Hegde , MBBS,TCH, Ph.D ( Head of Department, Genetics), Manipal Hospital
2) Dr. XXXXXXX Kini, GM Healthcare, Ulsoor

You can write to YYYY@YYYY if you wish them to fix an appointment with any one.

Hope this helps.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Need some details on huntington's chorea. Looking for a genetic counselor 12 minutes later
I sent a mail to customer care to fix an appointment
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 minutes later
Pleasure to help you. If you do not have further queries you may close the discussion and rate my answer.

If you have direct queries in future you may directly post through my profile page, WWW.WWWW.WW
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Genetics Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor