My daughter has a fever of 102.5. I gave tylenol
Hello and welcome,
I'm assuming you are on Eastern Standard Time meaning it is 10:15 pm now, so you gave her the Tylenol 2 hours ago. You can give her Motrin, best if she eats a little something first because it can be irritating on an empty stomach.
It's important to have an idea of what we are treating though. If she has a very sore throat, swollen neck glands and this high fever, I recommend you take her in for a throat swab to make sure it isn't strep throat which would require an antibiotic.
If she has a bad headache and a stiff neck that is painful when she bends forward, she should go in to be seen promptly as well.
And if she has a bad cough and any shortness of breath plus this fever, take her in to be examined and a probably xray to rule out pneumonia.
Did her fever come down at all after the Tylenol?
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for chronic hip/pelvic pain
- What causes coughing, sneezing, headaches and watery eyes?
- Suggest treatment for post nasal drainage and runny nose
- What causes foul body odor and overactive bladder while taking Trospium?
- What causes pain near the navel area?
- What causes joints pain with welts and teeth problems?
- Suggest remedy for drainage at back of throat and vomiting sensation
- Suggest treatment for pain under the clavicle
- Suggest medication for ADHD
- Suggest medication for bloating in a person with history of colitis