Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Muscle weakness, fatigue and muscle pain. Could this be myasthenia gravis?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10460 Questions
myastonia Gravis. I have experienced muscle weakness, major fatigue and when i;m active my muscle pain is awful. I EXPERIENCE muscle spasms which have gotten worse over the years. My muscles get so weak and contort so painfully . I have been to many doctors and all they is they can't find anything. A friend of mine was so concerned about me she did some research and found this rare disease, Myasthenia Gravis. What kind of doctor do I see and how do I convince them to check me out for this????
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Do consult a neurologist. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. The symptoms that you have described can be related to myasthenia gravis, fibromyalgia or myositis. This can also happen due to an electrolyte imbalance. It is best to consult a neurologist and get all the relevant investigations done to find out the cause of your symptoms. For temporary relief, you can take a mild pain killer like ibuprofen with a muscle relaxant. Doing a hot fomentation will also be helpful. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor