Missing periods. Started yellowish white discharge with cramps. HPT negative. What's wrong?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Mon, 31 Dec 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: Cramps no period I haven't had my period since September and I spotted in October took several pregnancy test and they are negative got a ultrasound they said they did not see anything today I am cramping really bad and no blood just a yellowish white discharge. what could be worng and could I still be pregnant
really bad cramps no pain when I ho to the bathroom just really bad cramps but no blood no period what can I do and what can be wrong
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 4 hours later

As pregnancy tests were negative and also ultrasound didn't show anything after 3 months of amenorrhea, the possibility of pregnancy is very less.
According to your description the possibilities are:
Pelvic inflammatory disease.
Gastrointestinal problems like constipation etc.
So you once consult gynecologist and undergo physical examination, urine for microscopy and if needed culture and sensitivity.
With this primary workup the possible cause of your cramps can be identified and treatment can be given accordingly.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 8 hours later
which one of those would my breast bigger and sore to touch sometimes with backache with being able to smell a lot more slso I have an appointment on the 18th what exactly should I ask for
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
During ovulation breast tenderness, pain abdomen, backache etc. can be seen.
As ultrasound didn't show any gestational sac there is less possibility for pregnancy.
But if the ultrasound was done one month before, better once go for repeat ultrasound or blood test for pregnancy which will rule out that possibility.
You discuss about your symptoms and the possibilities mentioned by me with your doctor and proceed according to her advice.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.