Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Mild vaginal yeast infection cleared with miconazole nitrate. Had a swollen gland and have Hashimotos thyroid. Is it a yeast infection?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6247 Questions
I am a 69 year old female and would like to know if the following symptoms suggest a systemic yeast infection:mild vaginal yeast infection, cleared with miconazole nitrate; sudden appearance of red rash near armpit; not itching, not particularly burning; sudden onset of slight sore throat; have had mild dry cough for years. Very slight fever. Also I am not taking anitbiotics; I don't use deodorant; I have been on gluten free diet for several years. I have Hashimotos thyroid condition (nothing new). I use high quality probiotics daily to aid digestion. Oiginally slower digestion was caused by elavil. also, a couple weeks ago before any symptoms, I had a swollen gland for a brief time. Also I have been swimming regularly in a chorinated pool and hot tub.. Could I have a systemic yeast infection? Thank you.
Posted Mon, 18 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
details required

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query and a detailed description of your condition.
It is not a systemic yeast infection.
First of all systemic yeast infection can occur only in a immuno compromised condition like hiv.
Secondly yeast infection cannot present with just systemic involvement. There must be a cutaneous involvement also.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor