Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Leaking urine. What could be the cause and remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1989
Answered : 7228 Questions
my daughter is nearly 12 and has been complaining of leaking urine..when she laughs or bends down or even sitting still..she tells me she is wiping properly and waits on the toilet to make sure she has finished but its still happening...
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 16 minutes later

Thanks for writing to us.

The causes of urine leakage in children are many, but, in the present scenario, it appears that your daughter could be suffering from a prolapse of the bladder wall, an overactive bladder, an infection or bladder weakness.

The proper thing in this situation would be to take her to a urologist for an examination and investigations. She may need the routine urine and blood tests for renal function as also a renal scan. Stress should also be excluded as a causative factor.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to contact, if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor