Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

149 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Jumping feeling in ear during burping. Is this any serious problem?

Answered by
Dr. Rakhi Tayal


Practicing since :2001

Answered : 13189 Questions

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: everytime i burp i feel like a jumping feeling in my ear i thought it would eventually go away but its been going on for the past like 7 months now and now im wondering what it is or if its serious its kinda like a hickup feeling in my ear and if i try to not do it when i burp i either dont burp or i burp and throw up in my mouth a little bit what should i do or what is it
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for posting your query.
The jumping feeling in the ear during hiccups is likely to be due to the pressure changes in the middle ear associated with the hiccups. This is a normal physiological finding and is not suggestive of any pathology.
Please do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
but sometimes i also feel a crackleing sound in my ears to its not just one ear its both ears when i burp i feel that in my ears and its starting to irratate me and when i try to control it i either dont burp or i barley burb and i throw up in my mouth a little is there any meds i could take for it or how can i get it to stop i mean im only 20 years old i dont want it go be going on for the rest of my life and also at times my ears ring
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
The mild problem you have might be due to blocked ear canal by wax or infection. It can also be indicative of a middle ear disease.
You need a thorough evaluation by an ENT specialist to find out the exact cause. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.
Till then avoid caffeine and smoking.
You can also add Zinc and Ginkgo Biloba supplements to your diet for relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
well would it b safe to buy one of those earwashout things or an ear vaccume do you think that would solve the problem or do you think i really should get it checked out first because i mean i have no insurrense and i dont have much money but i would like my ears to feel better it also happends everytime i yawn too when i yawn my ears start crackleing to
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
If you can obtain some carbamide peroxide solution from your pharmacy this works wonderfully to soften the wax so the ear wax will eventually fall out. If you cannot find this solution you can mix a solution of clean water with hydrogen peroxide - 50/50 mix - and put a few drops in the ear three times daily for 3 days. This will sometimes work also but the carbamide is the best way to go. It sometimes comes under a name brand of Debrox.

If your symptoms persist or if you develop decreased hearing or pain or fever you should see your doctor.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Earwax

doctor1 MD

I believe that I have ear wax buildup in my ear that has closed the canal. This happened from using a quetip to clean my ears after swimming. I have been doing home treatment (using hydrogen peroxide / water mix for a few days, then debrox for 4 days) and it has worked a little bit, opened up and was able to hear again pretty clearly for a day or two, but then it closed again and opens up about 10% of the day. I don t have the money to go see a doctor and feel this is minor and can be fixed. No pain, no symptoms of infection or problems, just lack of hearing and tinnitus (which goes away when it opens up). So my question is if there is anything else I can try or has it been so long I should absolutely see a doctor?

doctor1 MD

I was helping my husband remove earwax from his ear and he fainted. We sought immediate medical attention and everything checked out fine. The only thing that we were told was that he had a lot of earwax and were given drops to use. What exactly caused him to "pass out" or faint?

doctor1 MD

hi, I'm 26 years old. When I clean my ears, blood has been appearing in the earwax. I have also noticed dried blood in my nose as well. My ears feel fine. I have only been feeling fatigued lately. Also, I have been having really bad insomnia. I can't go to sleep until 6am or later. What could be the problem? Are these symptoms related?

doctor1 MD

Hey doctor, I have been having issues with my right ear for the last 2 and half weeks now. It all started with a cold which is long gone now but basically I have had hearing loss to some extent, a feeling of fullness in my ear and tinnitus . A...

doctor1 MD

I woke up in the middle of the night with my ear bleeding. I've had issues with this ear for years and It feels like I'm losing my hearing in my left ear. I don't have earwax . It feels tender and sore.

doctor1 MD

I have a fullness in my right ear which gets worse when I an active. I recently had earwax removed and the doctor thought that this would solve muffled hearing in this ear. The wax was difficult to remove and he said it was stuck way in the back....