Jumping feeling in ear during burping. Is this any serious problem?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in General Health
Question: everytime i burp i feel like a jumping feeling in my ear i thought it would eventually go away but its been going on for the past like 7 months now and now im wondering what it is or if its serious its kinda like a hickup feeling in my ear and if i try to not do it when i burp i either dont burp or i burp and throw up in my mouth a little bit what should i do or what is it
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
The jumping feeling in the ear during hiccups is likely to be due to the pressure changes in the middle ear associated with the hiccups. This is a normal physiological finding and is not suggestive of any pathology.
Please do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
but sometimes i also feel a crackleing sound in my ears to its not just one ear its both ears when i burp i feel that in my ears and its starting to irratate me and when i try to control it i either dont burp or i barley burb and i throw up in my mouth a little is there any meds i could take for it or how can i get it to stop i mean im only 20 years old i dont want it go be going on for the rest of my life and also at times my ears ring
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 56 minutes later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The mild problem you have might be due to blocked ear canal by wax or infection. It can also be indicative of a middle ear disease.
You need a thorough evaluation by an ENT specialist to find out the exact cause. Once the cause is confirmed, you will be treated accordingly.
Till then avoid caffeine and smoking.
You can also add Zinc and Ginkgo Biloba supplements to your diet for relief.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
well would it b safe to buy one of those earwashout things or an ear vaccume do you think that would solve the problem or do you think i really should get it checked out first because i mean i have no insurrense and i dont have much money but i would like my ears to feel better it also happends everytime i yawn too when i yawn my ears start crackleing to
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 minutes later
If you can obtain some carbamide peroxide solution from your pharmacy this works wonderfully to soften the wax so the ear wax will eventually fall out. If you cannot find this solution you can mix a solution of clean water with hydrogen peroxide - 50/50 mix - and put a few drops in the ear three times daily for 3 days. This will sometimes work also but the carbamide is the best way to go. It sometimes comes under a name brand of Debrox.

If your symptoms persist or if you develop decreased hearing or pain or fever you should see your doctor.
Regards.