What causes the feeling of fullness in the ear?

Posted on Fri, 21 Jul 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have a fullness in my right ear which gets worse when I an active. I recently had earwax removed and the doctor thought that this would solve muffled hearing in this ear. The wax was difficult to remove and he said it was stuck way in the back. It has been 2 weeks and it is still muffled hearing and a fullness pressure is present which is elevated when I am up and active.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ear fullness

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to HealthcareMagic and thanks for putting up the query
Ear fullness is either due to wax or eustachian tube blockage.
If you are confirm that ears are clean now than it is due to eustachian tube blockage.
For this you take steam inhalation and chew a gum that will also help decongest the tube.
Please tell me do you have any history of nasal congestion or throat infection in the recent past?
Follow up with the required information so that I can prescribe you accordingly.
Wish you get well soon.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 23 hours later
I have no history of congestion or throat infection or allergies. is there any possibility that my daily consumption of psyllium seed powder with juice (once per day) could cause this blockage? thank you
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Eustachian tube blockage

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the follow up query and the information.
No taking psyllium won't cause these symptoms.
take a combination of levocetrizine and phenylepherine twice daily and xylometazoline nasal drops like otrivin thrice daily for a week.
Take steam inhalation and chew a gum that will also help decongest the tube.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available at prescription only.
Wish you get well soon.
Thanks and regards
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist