What causes bleeding from the ears?

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I woke up in the middle of the night with my ear bleeding. I've had issues with this ear for years and It feels like I'm losing my hearing in my left ear. I don't have earwax. It feels tender and sore.
Answered by Dr. Kathy Robinson 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
a few suggestions

Detailed Answer:
Ear bleeding usually is caused by damage or infection in the canal. Only in rare cases such as a tumor or ruptured ear drum would bleeding be associated with hearing loss. You really need to get a formal hearing test and see an ENT physician. My guess is that you have two different things going on. One causing the bleeding and another causing the hearing loss.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Best regards,
Dr. Robinson
Dr. Kathy Robinson