Is uterine myoma of size 3.5 mm a matter of concern?

Dr. Aarti Abraham

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 16 Oct 2015 in Women's Health
Question: my uterus is of size od 13cm 6.5cm 6.7cm and myomas of maximum size 3.5 mm.should i go for hystectomy soon or keep it for 1 or 2 years . my age is 50 years with one caesarian issue. please advice
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please upload scan scan report, hysterectomy not needed.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Can you please upload the ultrasound scan showing the myomas.
As such you have stated that you do not have pain or heavy menstrual bleeding.
3.5 mm is not a very big size of myoma.
You do not need a hysterectomy at all in my opinion ( I will still reserve my final judgment after I look at the scan report ).
You can easily manage the myomas with medicines ( primolut - N etc ) and once you attain menopause, the fibroids will anyway shrink and mostly disappear and maybe even shrink.
Please upload the scan report however.
Looking forward to hearing from you.