Is uncontrolled shaking of the body a side effect of Amoxicillin?

Dr. Suma Parinam

Posted on Wed, 5 Apr 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I was on amoxicillin for three or four days when suddenly I was seized by uncontrollable shaking so severe that it actually was akin to shuddering. Is this truly a reaction to amoxi? In addition I had yellow urine.
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Unlikely

Detailed Answer:

Amoxycillin is relatively safe drug. Did you have allergies to it earlier?
It does not interact with your other drugs like XXXXXXX
I think your new symptoms is not related to Amox. THis sounds to be a seizure attack. How long did it last? Do you have any after effects. You should take this new symptoms to your regular primary care doctor / Geriatrician or a Neurologist.
Yellowish urine can be due to Amoxycillin.

Hope this answers your question.