Is travelling by flight advisable during early pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Thu, 19 Apr 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: hello my sister in law is in london and she is pregnent with 15 days

she need to travel back to XXXXXXX coming saturday

is it advisable

if yes wat precautions need to be taken care
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Not advisable

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
It is usually advisable to avoid in first trimester , upto 12 weeks of pregnancy.
However, if it is very urgent, then she can take progesterone support in the form of capsules before and during travel.
Moreover, she should avoid lifting heavy baggage and weights.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 8 hours later
thanks madam for the guidense

what i understand that initial 12 week of pregnancy we should avoid traveling

medicine which you have suggested do those medicine have any side effect and how those medicine need to be taken ?

just FYI trvel is very urgent and that too to and from (approx 10 hour of flight)

Kindly suggest ?

is there any way to chat or contact you over phone/watsapp/skyp ?
Brief Answer:
Natural micronised progesterone suppositories

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
She can take vaginal progesterone suppositories once at night for 5-7 days prior to travel and continue it for next 10 days.
You can contact me directly by asking a direct question to me on this portal by using " Ask this doctor" facility.
Dr Deepti Verma
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepti Verma 39 minutes later
hello madam

so there is no risk if she take this medicines and travel

hope this medicine doesnt haveside effects

B//R
XXXX XXXXXXX
+0000
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
No major side effect

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear, these Medications have no side effect except mild bloating and dizziness.
Dr Deepti Verma