Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Is there any non-surgical treatment for mouth mucocele?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 1111 Questions
Hello dr I think i have mouth mucocele . Is there a non surgical treatment for it ? Like creams or lotions ? Thanks
Posted Thu, 12 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Intralesional corticosteroid Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query, medical history and current medication. For your kind information--> 1. Some mucoceles spontaneously resolve after a short time i.e. within three to five months. Within this period there is no need of any treatment. 2. If more than this then you may go for the intralesional corticosteroid injection and topical steroid cream to reduce inflammation and accelerate healing. 3. If not subside by this method then you may try I) Laser therapy: a small, directed beam of light is used to remove the cyst II) Cryotherapy: the cyst is removed by freezing 4. Avoid habits like lip or cheek biting to help prevent future cysts. 5. Surgical removal is the last resort. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor