question-icon

Is there any cure for impotence?

Posted on Wed, 11 May 2016
Question: is there any cure for impotence?
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for sending the question to HCM.

Regarding impotence, it really depends on the primary cause. If this is related to a hormone in balance sometimes supplementation with Testosterone can be very helpful.

However, if this is related to underlying cardiovascular disease or diabetes, cure is not often achievable. At the same time, there are very good medications to help Restore some degree of good function. These include Viagra and Cialis for example.

I would encourage you to follow up with your primary care doctor for appropriate laboratory testing. A referral to a urologist might be helpful as well.

Thank you very much for sending the question. Let me know if I can guide you further.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist