Is pulse rate of 84 a cause for concern?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Tue, 3 Nov 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Hello sir yesterday I feel my heart beating high immediately I went to hospital doctor examined me and told by seeing ECG that my pulse beating is 84 and rest all normal. He given a Vitamin syrup.
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Pulse rate 84 is completely normal.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to health care magic,

Pulse rate 84 is completely normal and immediately high heat beating what you said could be palpitations which in turn is due to temporary anxiety or stress or even gastric reflux or anemia.

In otherwise healthy individuals, it is mostly of anxiety or stress and also it is temporary, so no need to be worried about it.

However,your doctor must have checked the ECG and ruled out any abnormality and gave you vitamin syrup,but for second opinion,you can send me your ECG in your follow-up query,I will go through it and will give you feed back.

Awaiting your response.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj