Is pregnancy possible after taking Unwanted 72 pill?

Dr. Sameer Kumar

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: hello sir,
i have my period perious month on 20 july 2015 for five days bleeding..i have sex with my husband on 21 july 2015 in period time but today 20 august my period did not came.. am i pregnent ?
Answered by Dr. Sameer Kumar 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
delayed/ missed period

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the query to hcm
The fact that you had taken unwanted 72 after your sexual episode on 21st july which was your menses time, so it is likely that your present menstrual date may be delayed by a week or 10 days. This is a common side effect of unwanted 72, so all you need to do is get a urine pregnancy test done after 7 days of your missed period i.s 27 the august and if negative then wait for another week for your menses to return naturally.
If still the menses don't return then you may opt for a withdrawal bleed with progesterones to initiate your menses.
If you are so anxious that you cannot wait then you may get a serum beta hcg blood test done which if negative shall rule out pregnancy now.