question-icon

Is pregnancy possible after taking Primolut N?

Posted on Wed, 27 May 2015
Question: I got married a week and a half ago and was using the tablet Primolut N to postpone my periods till i returned from my honeymoon during which me and my husband consummated our marriage. I stopped taking the pills 4 days ago and i got my periods yesterday. Do i still have a risk of pregnancy and need to take contraceptive pills like Novelon to abstain pregnancy?
Answered by Dr. Nidhi Setia (29 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
no chances of pregnancy for now.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.
I understand your concerns completely.

Since you had your periods after consummation, there are no chances of pregnancy for now.

If you do not wish to wish to take Novelon, there are other methods for contraception:
1. Having intercourse in safe period.
2. Using condom during intercourse.

You can go for these methods.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask further.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Neel Kudchadkar
Dr. Nidhi Setia

OBGYN