Is platelet count value of 97000 a cause for concern?

Dr. Hardik Sanghvi

Hematologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Sir,
Good afternoon
My platelet count is 97000, is it a dangerous situation ?

Answered by Dr. Hardik Sanghvi 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It may be due to viral infection.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, dear
I have gone through your question. I can understand your concern.

Your platelet count is slightly low with slight low wbc count. It is commonly seen is viral infection.

If you have any symptoms then please tell me about that.

I'd you don't have any symptoms then it may be subclinical infection and nothing to worry about that.

If you have bleeding or rashes then consult your doctor urgently. Otherwise its OK. It will be normal within few days.

Hope I have answered your question. If you have any doubts then feel free to ask me. I will be happy to answer.
Thanks for using health care magic.
Wish you a very good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar