Is persistent vaginal bleeding a symptom of cervical cancer?

Posted on Sat, 2 May 2015 in Cervical and Ovarian Cancer
Question: if you think you have cervical cancer does the bleeding occur nonstop or just occasionally. this is after menopause.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
it follows both patterns

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to Health Care Magic.

I am Dr.Muhammad Ahmad, I have read your question in detail, I understand your concern and will try to help you in the best possible way.

It occurs occasionaly in start...mostly after intercourse..

Then it may get continuous in advanced disease or if there is a bleeding tendency.

Cervical cancer doesn't have just one symptom (bleeding) it has number if symptoms which separate it from. simple bleed from other causes

Like loss of weight...

pain in intercourse.

Most common symptom is indeed bleeding

Cervical cancer can be diagnosed using a Pap smear or other procedures that sample the cervix tissue.

Regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

M.B.B.S ( Licensed Family practitioner)

Resident M.D.
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 21 minutes later
What other causes are there for bleeding for a few days every month after menopause when no intercourse is present. it has happened for four months now.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ahmad 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
It's your transition between pre-menopause and post menopausal state.

Detailed Answer:

thanks for writing back ,

spotting off and on with night flushes and spotting are signs that you are entering menopause but you are not exactly menopausal,

It's you transition state, this thing can go on for a year or so,

menopause is labelled when some body gets no periods for 1 complete years,

so you are not menopausal yet but are going to be in next 12 odd months ,

I would suggest you not to panic in this situation,

Wish you best of health.

regards.

Dr.Muhammad Ahmad.

Dr. Muhammad Ahmad