Is pain in ankle normal after a tendon repair surgery?
yes some time there can be increase in pain
I have studied your case. It is not common to have increase in pain on seventh day of surgery but it can happen. More often then not it is due to some movement or keeping in dependent position. Also some time it can be due to infection.
I wold suggest you the following:
1. take Ibuprofen 400 mg twice daily. It is both pain killer and anti-inflammatory. Also you should take any broad spectrum antibiotic like Augmentin(Co-Amoxyclav) or Cefuroxime after proper prescription by your local physician.
2. continue ice application, and keep a watch on fever or if your dressing get wet.
3. get your dressing checked again after 5 days, in case your doctor can pick any sign of infection.
4. you can take photograph of your wound and send to me at the time of dressing.
I hope these steps will be helpful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stretched tendon in ankle
- Ankle torn tendon surgery
- Pain in foot ankle is it tendonitis on ibuprofen further
- Have tendonitis in ankle muscle cramps knee pain reason
- Swollen ankles and inflamed tendon
- Ankle cyst on tendon
- Treatment for tendonitis in ankle
- Foot pain after ankle surgery
- Tendonitis ankle water retention
- Suggest treatment for pain in ankle after a ankle surgery