Is measles infective six days after its appearance?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jun 2015 in Pregnancy
Question: Giving a baby shower on XXXXXXX 6th for my pregnant daughter just found out one of the guests has measles she had them for 6 days she claims she will be well enough to attend by the 6th of XXXXXXX and she will be bringing her 6 year old daughter who at this time has no signs of the measles, my question is this a safe thing to do?
Answered by Dr. Ramadevi Wani 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your friend is no longer infective

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
Measles is infective from 4 days before the appearance of rash to 4 days after the appearance of rash. So your friend is no longer infective. She can attend the function.
As regards her daughter even if she is vaccinated she may not have attained immunity. So she should not come for the function.
I hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vinay Bhardwaj
Dr. Ramadevi Wani

OBGYN