Is knee pain a sign of HIV?
VERY RARE POSSIBILITY
Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.
Though not impossible,but it is very rare that only a single joint will be painful in HIV affected person.There are instances where,due to low immunity,a joint may get secondarily infected and cause pain.
In your case,if there are no signs like swelling,fever or redness over the knee joint,then the knee pain may be due to other causes like ligament strain,synovitis,or soft tissue inflammation.
I would suggest you to take anti-inflammatory tablets like ibuprofen,tramadol etc with application of local analgesic gels and hot fomentation.Local compression bandage application around the affected knee may help.
If the pain does not reduce by these means,then you should consult an orthopedist and get a Xray/MRI of the knee done.
I hope the answer was useful.
Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.
my age is 31.
thanks for your reply.I didnt see any swelling or redness.I got pain only in the right side of the knee.i didnt had any fever or tiredness.
Two weeks after playing cricket after a long gap
the pain appeared two times totally within a 15 days gap , and i had a little more long bus travels.
your symptoms seem to be more of bicipital tendinitis.In this condition,there is inflammation of the tendon on the outer side of the knee.
You should take the treatment that i have suggested earlier.
You will be fine.Avoid strenous work.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the middle fingers
- Suggest treatment for severe muscular and joints pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and swelling in the leg
- Suggest treatment for left shoulder pain in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the legs when diagnosed with CMT
- Suggest treatment for severe shoulder pain
- What causes shortness of breath and constant back pain?
- Suggest treatment for foot stress fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right ankle
- What causes twinging pain post intake of Mobic?