Is it safe to use corticosteroid when suffering from liver disease?
Screen yourself for RA.
I understand your concern.
Yes certainly corticosteroids are known to damage liver .
Hence they are not safe in liver disorders.
But short rounds will not have that significant effect on liver,probably because of rapid drug elimination.
The propensity to lead to RA is based on the detection of 2 important parameters in the blood 1.Rheumatoid factor assay-RF 2.Anti CCP antibodies.
The risk is positive if Anti CCP is alone positive.
When both are positive,the risk doubles.
Hence I recommend you to go for these tests.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scabies and liver disease
- Pacemaker and liver disease
- Hives on face liver disease
- Liver flutter liver disease
- Hcg diet safe for people with liver disease
- Suffering from chronic liver disease
- Fatty liver disease and dizziness
- Fabry fatty liver disease
- Is cymbalta intake advisable when suffering from liver disease
- Lactulose use in liver disease