Is it safe to use Restasis eye drops to treat dry eyes?
What are pros and cons for this drug? I do have cataracts and astigmatism in left eye. How safe is it?. Strong history of glaucoma in my mother's family. I am very careful with my eyes. Thank you, XXXXXXX YYYY@YYYY
Thank you, XXXXXXX M
You can use Restasis eye drops as advised by your doctor.
Welcome to Health care Magic.
I am Dr. DADAPEER K, an Ophthalmologist and I will be answering your question.
I reviewed your history and I can understand your concerns.
Restasis is one of the safe and effective drugs available to treat moderate to severe dry eye and allergic conditions.
Since you are having symptoms of irritation following the use of contact lenses, you are probably having dry eyes.
Restasis will definitely provide relief in your case.
Restasis has got no side effects on cataract or glaucoma. Hence no need to be worried about cataract or astigmatism or family history of glaucoma and you can use the drug Restasis as per the advice of your doctor.
Hope this information is helpful to you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- History of cataract. Diagnosed with ocular rosecea. Eyes are bloodshot,...
- Inner side of left side is swollen. Having headache and feeling sick....
- Have blurred vision. Got blood in stool. Anything serious?
- Suffering from chronic anxiety and BP is high. Should I be worried about...
- Fell down, got some damage in retina. Having diarrhoea, sore neck. Can I...
- Diagnosed with keratoconous and advised for a corneal transplant...
- Diabetic. Eyes are blurry. Seeing things one on another. What to do?
- Child's eyes are not conjugated and looking at things normally. Is it...
- White sticky liquid comes out from the corner of eyes. What kind of...
- Seeing a spot which moves with eye movements. What could this be?