Is it safe to take olmark 10 for high BP?

Dr. Madhuri Patil

Diabetologist

Posted on Fri, 28 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Is Olmark 10 an advisable drug for high BP?
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 3 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,

Olmark 10 which stand for generic name Olmesartan 10 mg is an anti-hypertensive drug used against high BP.
The use of this medication depends on the patient's kidney status. In case of mild to moderately impaired kidney functions and in normal kidney functions of a person of diabetes this medication is very good and advisable for use.
But in case of severe kidney failure with very high serum potassium level, in case of allergy to this class of drug, in case of adverse reaction to the drug like body swelling, dry cough etc then it is not advisable.
I hope you got your answer. Take care.
Follow up: Dr. Madhuri Patil 16 hours later
Many thanks, Dr. XXXXXXX We will continue with the drug following your suggestions and advice. Best wishes, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Madhuri Patil 14 minutes later
You are welcome. Take care.