Is it safe to inhale combihale ff 250 for medicated abortion?

Dr. S Patra

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 14 Feb 2013 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: I want to go for medicated abortion. will it be safe to inhale COMBIHALE FF 250 during this time?
Answered by Dr. S Patra 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX

Thanks for posting your query. I have gone through your medical history in details.

Yes, Combihale inhaler is safe enough for proceeding to medical abortion. But before going to medical abortion, you should know certain things as follows:

1) Medical abortion is completely done up to XXXXXXX 7-9 weeks of pregnancy. You should confirm gestational age before proceeding abortion.

2) Taking abortifacient medication is always carried on under supervision of gynecologist to avoid unnecessary excessive vaginal bleeding that may occur.

3) A ultrasound scan is needed following abortion and it is mandatory to check retained bits if any or products out incompletely.

4) In such case, surgical method of abortion (D & C) is needed to carry on. In this scenario, history of asthma may hamper anesthesia. So you should consult with your doctor before proceeding abortion.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.

Wish your good health in future.

Dr Soumen