Is it safe to have Taxim O for severe cough?
Need macrolide group of antibiotic.
Hello dear, thanks for your question on HCM.
In my opinion you are having upper respiratory tract infection (URTI) mostly.
And the most common cause for URTI is viral infection.
So no need to take dual antibiotics. Taxim o is cefixime and ofloxacin. Both are higher antibiotics. And it should be preserved for confirmed pneumonia cases. So better to avoid this antibiotic in URTI.
Instead of this I advice you to start macrolide group of antibiotic with doctor prescription since it is a prescribed medication. It is having good coverage for URTI. So better to start macrolide group of antibiotic after consulting a doctor
Along with this try these too.
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Warm water gargles 5-6 times a day.
Take this treatment for 5 days. You will be fine soon.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Is it safe in taking taxim o tablets during pregnancy
- Taxim o 200 mg for cough syrup
- Taxim o 200 cold cough
- Taxim o safe during pregnancy
- Is taxim o drops same as taxim o syrup
- Taxim o 200 mg for cough
- Taxim o safe for breastfeeding
- Taxim o safe feeding
- Is taxim o 200 mg safe during pregnancy
- Is it safe to use taxim o 200 mg
- Suggest treatment for COPD
- What causes chronic cough?
- Suggest treatment for interstitial lung disease
- Suggest treatment for bronchiectasis
- Suggest treatment for anxiety and sleeping problems
- What causes dizziness after eating red meat?
- How to avoid insomnia caused by Albuterol taken for COPD treatment?
- What causes prolonged fever?
- Suggest treatment for clogged ears and inflamation in sinus passage
- What causes white foamy sputum when suffering from COPD?