Is it possible to reduce the size of hydrocele?

Dr. Vivek Chail

Radiologist

Posted on Wed, 9 Sep 2015 in Men's Health
Question: How can I reduce hydrocele size.?
It's little increase in size.
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 49 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hydrocele is to be confirmed first and treated by minimum access surgery

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for writing in to us.

I have read through your query in detail.
Please find my observations below.

1. It is important first to confirm if you have a hydrocele or not. Hydrocele is the collection of fluid in the scrotal sacs. This requires an ultrasound scan of testes to confirm the condition.

2. Reducing the size of hydrocele is by surgical method in most cases. Please get ultrasound scan done and then consult the surgeon to know what is the exact problem you are having.

3. The surgery for hydrocele is by minimal access route and a short duration procedure.

Please feel free to correct any oversight in my interpretation of your problems and discuss them in detail as per your requirements.

Hope your query is answered.
Do write back if you have any doubts.

Dr.Vivek