Is it normal to suffer from loose motion during teething in an infant?
my daughter she is 8 month old she is sufferingfrom loose motions she is teething her first teeth is coming so is this normal any medication required any other special care required.
Its Viral Infection of the Gut.
Greetings from Dr.Divakara.P
Thanks for posting your query.
Loose motions is most of the time due to viral infections which subsides on its own in 2-3 days . During that course just make sure that she doesn't get dehydrated .
Give her oral fluids every time she passes motions , avoid curds and butter milk.
If her loose persists for more than 3 days then its unlikely to be Viral infection and very likely to be bacterial infection for which she may require an antibiotic course . In that case she needs to consult a Paediatrician.
Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask .
NO no need of medicine for that. It's very natural in all kind. Moreover loose motions are not due to teething.
If in case she is very irritable or cries too much she can be given Paracetamol syrup occasionally. But not needed at all . Its just phase of growth.
Its due to Viral Infection.
I explained this in my first reply only . It could be a Viral Infection or bacterial infection of the gut.
Follow my advise as explained in my first reply.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Loose motion during teething infants
- Loose motion in babies during teeth
- Sporlac during loose motions for infants
- Loose motion and vomiting during teething infants
- Loose motion in infants while teeth coming
- Remedies for loose motion during teething
- How to treat an infant suffering loose motions
- 12 month infant teething loose motion
- Is fever cold loose motion related to teething in infant
- Teething loose motion infant homemade