Is it normal to remember nothing post epilepsy attack?

Posted on Fri, 19 Jun 2015 in Brain and Spine
Question: I have epilepsy. My husband found me last night down the hall in the guest bathroom with the door shut and I had terrible diarrhea, but I was scared of him when I saw him. When he got me to come out, he had to put my sleep short back on me and I was barely able to stand up or even able to talk, so he had to walk me back to bed. When he asked me this morning if I felt better, I did not remember any of it until he discussed it in detail. Is this somehow related to my epilepsy?
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It was another seizure episode.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being on healthcaremagic.com.
I am Dr.Ajay Panwar,a neurologist,here to answer your query.

Of course,the event is related to 'Epilepsy' because it is just one of those typical seizure episodes where the person who had seizure remember nothing about the event because of loss of consciousness associated with the event.

If you can get an EEG(Electroencephalogram) as early as possible,you may even get abnormal discharges on EEG,which will suggest that it was indeed a seizure episode.

I hope your discussion with your epilepsy specialist will further make the things clear on this part.

If you have any follow-up questions,I shall be glad to answer else please close the thread,rate it and write a review as your rating will be of help to me.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)
Follow up: Dr. Ajay Panwar 1 hour later
Thank you for your response, I figured it related to epilepsy some how, but did not think of the loss of consciousness part due to the stomach issues.
Answered by Dr. Ajay Panwar 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stomach issues are not the cause of this event.

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXX,
Thanks for being in follow-up.

The event you have described appears,without any doubt,to be a seizure episode.Stomach issues may have been there,but they are not the cause of this event.That was a seizure.

Dr.Ajay Panwar,
MD,DM(Neurology)

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Neurologist