Is it normal for the penis to curve slightly to the left?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Men's Health
Question: when my penis was completely ejected, it bends to 45 degree angle with the curve shape & fall towards left-side; from the childhood this is present to me ; one more other thing is Now I have the habit of masturbation; 3rd one is there had an versosils & hydrosyls operation to me 3 years back at that time my doctor had cut a very small sample piece of testis for having the laboratory to check the testis efficiency level of producing sperms since at time my sperm count is just 40millions/ml. now I am facing an infection problem at that wound happened prevoiusly, as I read in the internet Those infections are cause because of bacteria formed at place where mature sperms are stored near the junction of testis & the tube
so, doctor please give the perfect treatment for these 2 problems of me , which are facing by me severely
Answered by Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
go for semen culture

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us.

I understand your concerns about your health issues. However let me tell you that your first concern (penis bending to left in curved manner) is a normal anatomical phenomenon. Penis always turns towards left as left testis hangs lower than right testis because it decends earlier during development process. Your second concern of masturbation is again a normal physiological need of the body. However excessive masturbation should be avoided.

Low sperm count can be due to several reasons. You need to do few tests like hormone study, usg scrotum and pelvis, semen analysis (complete) and semen culture to know about the possible infection. Meet your doctor along with biopsy report which you have done earlier. However at 40 million also you can become father but it is always necessary to know the reason behind it and correction if possible.

I hope my reply will help you. Please write to us for more information and follow up queries. I wish you good health. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 42 hours later
hello Dr. XXXXXXX Lal Poonia
Respected Doctor,
I'm XXXX as I told 2 problems and you have answered to only about the 1st Problem only[the penis curvature bending toward above 45 degree ] But as I mention earlier my second Problem The infection on the Testis I think It is a bacterial Infection which is an infection problem at that wound happened prevoiusly, when I had the versosyls and Hydrosyls, as I read in the internet Those infections are cause because of bacteria formed at place where mature sperms are stored near the junction of testis & the tube my doctor told to follow some medication for this testis bacterial infection the tablet name is Diethyl Carbamazine Citrate I.P:100mg; can you advice an other medication for this infection having at the testis[right testis] for almost 2 years I am using those Diethyl Carbamazine Citrate I.P:100mg medicines only when I am having the pain. so, Dr. suggest some Other medicines also please.
Thanking you
Answered by Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
go for semen culture and sensitivity test

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX welcome again.

I apologise for not explaining all your concerns in proper way. I understand your concerns about long standing infection .

Since you have long standing infection, you need to go for semen culture for microorganisms and sensitivity for antibiotics. This will help us in planing a directed treatment for definite relief. We can change the medicine based on the sensitivity reports. If semen culture comes unconclusive, you may have to go for biopsy again. You can get it prescribed by your treating doctor as online prescription are not valid. We can again discuss once you get the reports.

DEC tablets also need to be taken under doctor's supervision. So please don't try on your own.

I hope my reply will help you. Please feel free to contact us for more information and follow up queries. I wish you good health. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Heera Lal Poonia