• question-icon

Is increasing dosage of Pristiq advisable for anger management and depression?

Posted on Tue, 8 Aug 2017 in Anxiety and Stress
Question: hi.i am on pristiq 150mg for 4 months. several months prior to being on pristiq,i learned i had been given 5x more testosterone than any female should be given. i've had several instances of my anger getting out of control,i'm unable to keep my angry words and thoughts in my head. i let them out and it is not good for anyone. i am verbally hurting my loves ones. i called my dr and he said to increase the dosage of pristiq to 200. increasing the dose to 200 scares me,what if it makes my anger worse
i have not done that because i am scared it will make my anger even worse. i am also depressed,but,the anger is way worse.every day is just awful,i need help,please
Answered by Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Consultation

Detailed Answer:
Hello, and thanks for your question.

Pristiq will help your depression and will not worsen your anger. If anything, your anger may improve as your depression lifts and your mood improves. Anger is not a side effect of Pristiq. I would follow your doctor's instructions and increase the dose.

Please remember to rate and close this answer thread when you are finished and satisfied.

In the future, for continuity of care, I encourage you to contact me directly at my private web address below. After you ask a direct question, it would be my pleasure to be your dedicated personal physician on this website. My name is Dr. Sheppe, and I am an XXXXXXX doctor working in New York City at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, ranked #1 for Psychiatry in the United States (tinyurl.com/psyrank). For a personalized comprehensive evaluation, treatment recommendations, and individual therapy, ask me at HealthCareMagic at this private web address: tinyurl.com/DrSheppeAnswers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Dr. Alexander H. Sheppe

Psychiatrist