• question-icon

Is heart rate of 120 bpm normal?

Posted on Mon, 3 Jul 2017 in Mental Health
Question: Hello, I take 10 mg of abilify and 1 mg of klonopin twice a day and Centrum vitamins. Today my heart rate has been 120 - 146 for the past five hours. I still have one more klonopin to take but I'm afraid it will increase my heart rate more if I take it and will cause withdrawal effects if I don't. What do you think I should do?
Answered by Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You can take the drug

Detailed Answer:
Hello thanks for asking from HCM

I can understand your concern. Since your heart rate is 120 BPM and is not getting controlled and in such case you can take 0.5 to 1 mg Klonopin and this will not cause any serious issues. No need to worry this will help in calming you. This will not increase the rate further.

Thanks and Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist