Is hard lump on vagina a symptom of an STD?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Question: Hello, I had a a couple of casual sexual encounters this year and am convinced I have contracted an std. A large hard bump and few smaller ones have appeared on my vagina. They are painless and the big one has been there for about a month. Can you tell me if this is HPV or herpes? I have attached 3 pictures of my vaginal area where the bump is. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Sebaceous cysts, Nothing to worry

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

I am Dr. Kakkar. I have gone through your query. I have also looked at the pictures. I have answered one of your previous query related to the same problem.

I must assure you that this is no an STD. Neither it is Herpes nor this is HPV or any other STD.

However, if you want to double check, you may undergo a blood test for herpes and a swab test for HPV.

These are sebaceous cysts which can occur in otherwise healthy individuals.

Casual sex, nevertheless, is always risky. It is always better to have a single trustworthy sexual partner.