Is grape seed extract safe to take with gleevec?
Need not to worry
Thanks for your query.
There are many points to consider before decision making.
Complete removal of gist is a good treatment that gives a long life to patient. Gleevec is given to remain disease free for a long time.
Is the tumor present inside body?? if not u need not to worry.
This is right that GSE should not be taken with gleevec, they both interact. Give your mother healthy diet, have trust on gleevec.
more than 5 yrs is usually considered long term
Since she is tumor free, it is a good feature. we usually start imatinib - gleevec, when tumor is aggressive pathologically or its size is more that 5 cm. imatinib should be given upto 3 yrs. after that u can start GSE. chances of recurrence are low. don't think that you mom is the most unlucky woman in the world. complete the treatment and live happily with her.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- I am suffering from hypereosinophilic syndrome, can i take gleevec?
- Is it safe to take lasix with gleevec
- I am suffering from cancer, dermatofibrosarcoma protuberans, can i take gleevec?
- Usages of gleevec
- Cml prognosis with gleevec treatment
- Grape seed extract ovarian cyst
- Are grape seeds good for you
- Is gleevec chemotherapy
- Cml and gleevec
- Grape seed extract weight loss