Is drinking alcohol safe after taking Ceftriaxone and Azithromycin?

Excellent

Question
Hi. I have been given an injection of ceftriaxone and a single dosage of azithromycin (2 pills). Would it be ok to drink alcohol 24 hours from now or would is it necessary to wait for 48 hours?
Posted Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
NO INTERACTION BUT BETTER TO WAIT FOR 48 HOURS

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome,

No significant interaction between Alcohol and ceftriaxone or alcohol with azithromycin has been proven so far but both ceftriaxone and azithromycin are metabolized in the liver and so is alcohol.

I would personally advise you to wait for at least 48 hours before consuming any alcohol.

If you have any query , please let me know.
thanks. have a nice day.