Is coffee advisable for a patient after colonoscopy?
Thanks for the query.
I have read your query and would like to tell you that tea,coffee,alcohol and spicy foods should be avoided for at least 72 hours post your polypectomy to avoid irritation to your digestive system because it can result in bleeding from the site of surgery.
you can take coffee after 72 hours.
Drink plenty of water and completely abide by the instructions provided by your treating doctor.
I hope it helps however you are most welcome to revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mucus after colonoscopy
- Is colonoscopy advisable for inguinal hernia
- Colonoscopy bruising after
- When is it advisable to do a colonoscopy
- Lightheaded days after colonoscopy
- Hurts to pee after colonoscopy
- Trouble urinating after a colonoscopy
- Is it advisable to do colonoscopy
- Sneezing day after colonoscopy
- After a colonoscopy